About Our Club
The Sylvan Improvement Club celebrates 100+ Years of Community Service!
The Sylvan Improvement Club was founded by the women of the North Modesto area to provide a clubhouse for member supported activities and to provide for the improvement and beautification of the community.
The original clubhouse was built on land donated by the Standiford family and was the center of community activity at the corner of McHenry Avenue and Sylvan Roads until it was replaced in the 1980’s.
Today, the private, non-profit Sylvan Club members maintain the clubhouse for member functions, special events, and support various local philanthropic causes that continue to improve and beautify our community.
Check out our exclusive Modesto Bee Article here discussing our 100 year anniversary!
Past Projects from the Beginning to Today...
Our Sylvan Club has supported numerous projects as early as the 1900’s including tree planting and putting up street signs along Modesto roadways, and even most recent projects such as the Modesto Pioneer Cemetery Improvement, McHenry Mansion, McHenry Museum, Great Valley Museum of Natural History, Gallo Center for the Arts, The State Theater, Tuolumne River Regional Park, and much more!